Octolok® studs and nuts are Grade strength clinch fasteners designed to provide external or internal threads in light gauge sheet materials and other demanding applications.
Whether placed manually, or as part of an automated assembly process, Octolok® fasteners are aligned into drilled or pre-punched holes of a specific diameter as recommended for each size fastener. Press-applied force then drives the 8 lobe forming feature into the application material. This forces the material to flow into the fastener retention groove delivering excellent torque-to-turn performance while the retaining ring provides superior push-out values.
Octolok® clinch fasteners improve quality and reliability, simplify production processes, and reduce the cost of assembly. Octolok® fasteners are an excellent replacement for weld-studs and can eliminate painting and plating costs.
- Unique 8 lobe symmetrical configuration
- Superior torque-to-turn and vibration resistance
- Increased push-out value performance
- Utilizes existing 6 lobe clinch stud press/tooling
- Installation can be automated
- Heat treated to SAE standard/ISO class
- Available in imperial and metric sizes
- Suitable for all markets – manufactured to customer requirements
- Available in assorted coatings/finishes
- Ready to use, no re-plating or painting required
- Thread Size
- Studs: M4 - M12 / #8 - ½