Heli-Coil manufactures various designs of hand installation tools.
Generally, finer pitch inserts are proportionately larger in the free state than coarse pitch inserts and therfore have to be “pre-wound” to a smaller diameter for installation.
Large coarse pitch inserts (and 2-56, 3-48, and M2.2 inserts) need only a threaded mandrel tool for installation.
Fast Facts about Heli-Coil® Hand Tools:
- Available to install tanged inserts for production runs, prototype work, salvage, and repair, and hand inserting tools
- Dimensioned to aid determination of accessibility to the tapped hole
- Features a threaded mandrel which engages the insert and provides a positive lead to guide theinsert into the tapped hole easily and quickly
- All Heli-Coil® tooling is backed by our extensive expertise and experience in virtually any application
- All tools are fully warranteed