STANLEY Assembly Technologies offers vertical balancers, torque tubes, and articulating arm systems that balance loads to 277kg (610 lb.) and absorb torque reaction to 1,350 Nm (1000 ft. lb.). Optional tool holders, end effectors, and interfaces enhance movement and orientation for specific applications.
Custom-engineered solutions can have higher capacities (to 5,000 Nm) and the capability to integrate arms and balancers with tooling such as multiple-spindle nutrunners. With almost 50 years of experience, Stanley engineers are experts in evaluating customer needs and converting them into solutions that improve the productivity, ergonomics, and quality of your manufacturing operations.
Ergonomic, quality, and productivity benefits:
Arms and balancers can increase operator efficiency, reduce fatigue, and reduce the potential for injury.
- Absorbs torque reaction and eliminates the time for positioning and repositioning reaction bars for multiple fasteners
- Fixtured tool orientation reduces tool placement time
- Enables multiple fastener orientations (up, down, angled) typically not practical with a standard reaction bar
- Reduces fatigue by eliminating tool/product weight handled by operators
Tool orientation stability can prevent cross-threads and improve fastening precision:
- Dual bridge mounting of torque tubes offers higher dimensional stability
- Dual and triple balance air logic can improve quality and productivity
- Upward or downward pressure bias follows the fastener during rundown
- Positive hold on the job can ensure a complete fastening cycle
- Can improve material handling processes