The external hex drive allows high torque transmission, but can fail quickly due to weaknesses inherent in its design.
External TORX PLUS® low-profile head drive system is engineered to provide optimal torque transfer and extended tool life, with a head height similar to hex or pan head fasteners.
- Hex flange head or pan head bearing surface
- 0° drive angle
- Lobe engagement spreads forces over large area to prevent stress risers that cause tool and fastener damage
- Higher torque transfer capability than corresponding internal recesses
- Drive system strength 5 to 6 times greater than normal seating torque
- Head height is similar to hex or pan head screws or bolts
- Lower head volume (weight) than hex and pan head fasteners (18% and 41% respectively)
- Provides high strength and torque capability in a low-profile head
- Ensures optimal torque transmission and clamp load
- Allows high torque transfer without damage to fastener
- Minimizes space required to accommodate head height
- Excellent high-torque drive system for miniature fasteners
- Reduces wear on drive tools for extended tool life
- Fastener Sizes: M0.6 to M24 (#0000 to 1")
- Head Styles: Dome or indented head with hex flange or pan head bearing surface
- Thread Styles: Can be used with any thread style
- Note: Special sockets are required
Disclaimer: TORX PLUS® is registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties.