Taptite 2000® high-performance thread-rolling screws form internal threads into plain holes in ductile materials upon initial installation. They feature higher strength internal threads thanks to the cold flow/work hardening that occurs during the forming of the nut thread.
The Taptite 2000® design eliminates the need to pre-tap the nut member and reduces problems associated with assembling screws and bolts into pre-tapped holes, such as cross-threading.
Our exclusive Radius Profile™ thread lowers thread-forming torque without sacrificing performance. It also yields a higher, more uniform drive-to-fail ratio and an increased drive-to-strip ratio.
Taptite 2000® fasteners are specially designed to lower in-place fastening costs.
- TRILOBULAR® configuration reduces friction and increases prevailing torque
- Resists loosening caused by vibration
- Lower-end load requirements
- Radius Profile™ thread lowers thread-forming torque without sacrificing performance
- Roll-forms own work-hardened mating threads
- Higher, more uniform drive-to-fail ratio
- Increased drive-to-strip ratio
- Resist internal thread stripping
- Excellent axial alignment
- Higher strength internal threads due to the cold flow/work hardening
- Formed thread can accept metric fastener
- Drive Systems: All styles available; TORX PLUS® Drive System recommended
- Point Style: Standard TAPTITE® point; also available in SP™ (short point) and CA point
- Materials: Low-carbon steel, medium-carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel
- Finishes: Will accept all typical finishes