The unique thread form of Remform® thread-rolling fasteners provides superior performance in plastics and light alloy materials.
Remform® features an asymmetrical thread which minimizes radial hoop stress to reduce boss bursting. The narrow tip angle also reduces stress in the plastic nut member.
The Remform® “F” style screw utilizes the efficient thread form of the standard Remform® fastener, but employs finer thread pitch spacing to suit magnesium, soft aluminum, thermoset plastics, and other low-ductility materials. The narrow tip angle minimizes the disturbance of low-ductility nut member materials, yet engages securely and creates strong internal threads.
- For use in plastics and light alloy materials
- Unique Radius Flank™ thread form
- Asymmetrical thread and narrow tip angle
- Finer thread pitch spacing
- Requires minimal energy to form an internal thread
- High resistance to internal threads stripping
- High torsional strength ensures a high failure torque
- Minimizes radial hoop stress to reduce boss bursting
- Minimizes disturbance of low-ductility nut member materials
- Engages securely and creates strong internal threads