The unique thread form of REMFORM thread rolling fasteners provides superior performance in plastics and light alloy materials.
REMFORM features an asymmetrical thread which minimizes radial hoop stress to reduce boss bursting. The narrow tip angle also reduces stress in the plastic nut member.
The REMFORM “F” style screw utilizes the efficient thread form of the standard REMFORM fastener, but employs finer thread pitch spacing to suit magnesium, soft aluminum, thermoset plastics, and other low ductility materials. The narrow tip angle minimizes the disturbance of low ductility nut member materials, yet engages securely and creates strong internal threads.
- For use in plastics and light alloy materials
- Unique Radius Flank™ thread form
- Asymmetrical thread and narrow tip angle
- Finer thread pitch spacing
- Requires minimal energy to form an internal thread
- High resistance to internal threads stripping
- High torsional strength ensures a high failure torque
- Minimizes radial hoop stress to reduce boss bursting
- Minimizes disturbance of low ductility nut member materials
- Engages securely and creates strong internal threads