The Plastite® 48 screw combines a unique TRILOBULAR™ body with a 48° thread profile to maximize performance and reliability.
The 48° thread profile allows threads to penetrate deeply into plastic material. This generates strong mating threads, helps resist vibration loosening, and reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out.
The proprietary TRILOBULAR™ body design features a tri-roundular configuration that allows displaced material to cold-flow back into relief areas.
Two thread-forming styles are available to meet the specific requirements of a wide range of thermoplastics. The twin-helix style works with thermoplastics with a flexural modulus up to 850,000 p.s.i. The single-helix style is best for thermoplastics with a flexural modulus between 850,000 p.s.i. and 1,400,000 p.s.i.
- 48° thread profile
- Allows thread to penetrate deeply into plastic material
- Twin-lead design and steep helix angle provide greater shear in soft plastics
- Reduces possibility of boss failure
- Increases product reliability
- Eliminates need for inserts and lock washers
- Minimizes radial stress
- Allows design of thinner bosses
- Generates strong mating threads
- Resists vibration loosening
- Reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out
- Increases holding power
- Allows faster seating of fastener