The Plastite 45® screw is designed to facilitate thread-forming in less-compressible plastics while providing high resistance to strip-out and pull-out. The single-lead design and narrow helix angle lowers drive torque and failure torque in stiffer plastics.
The 45° thread profile allows threads to penetrate deeply into plastic material and generate strong mating threads which resist vibration loosening. The tri-roundular configuration allows displaced material to cold-flow back into relief areas.
Plastite 45® has smaller root and major diameters than our Plastite® 48, so it can be used in smaller bosses.
- 45° thread profile
- Penetrates deeply into plastic material
- Reduces possibility of boss failure
- Increases product reliability
- Eliminates need for inserts and lock washers
- Minimizes radial stress
- Allows design of thinner bosses
- Generates strong mating threads
- Resists vibration loosening
- Reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out
- Achieves wide differentials between drive and fail torque
- Creates less stress on the boss