The PLASTITE 45 screw is designed to facilitate thread-forming in less-compressible plastics while providing high resistance to strip-out and pull-out. The single lead design and narrow helix angle lowers drive torque and failure torque in stiffer plastics.
The 45° thread profile allows threads to penetrate deeply into plastic material and generate strong mating threads which resist vibration loosening. The tri-roundular configuration allows displaced material to cold flow back into relief areas.
PLASTITE 45 has smaller root and major diameters than our PLASTITE 48, so it can be used in smaller bosses.
- 45° thread profile
- Penetrates deeply into plastic material
- Reduces possibility of boss failure
- Increases product reliability
- Eliminates need for inserts and lock washers
- Minimizes radial stress
- Allows design of thinner bosses
- Generates strong mating threads
- Resists vibration loosening
- Reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out
- Achieves wide differentials between drive and fail torque
- Creates less stress on the boss