MAG-FORM thread forming fasteners for magnesium die castings minimize debris generation in critical applications and solve problems often found in standard thread forming screws.
Standard thread-forming screws with a 60° flank angle create excess debris when driven into low-ductile materials. These standard screws can also exceed material ductility limits, causing damage to the formed threads. MAG-FORM solves these problems.
MAG-FORM screws are specifically designed with a broader flank angle to eliminate tapping operations while forming strong threads in conventional magnesium die-castings and similar materials. The design also minimizes debris, making MAG-FORM fasteners the optimal solution for critical applications such as electronics and air bag modules.
- Lobular configuration
- Wide-spaced thread design
- Broad flank angle compresses, rather than roll-forms, threads into the mating material
- Minimizes debris generation
- Forms strong threads in materials with low ductility
- Easily removed and reinserted for field service
- Sizes: MG1.0 to MG16
- Thread Design: Wide-spaced thread with broad flank angle
- Head Design: Can be used with any external or internal head designs
- Drive System: Can be used with all systems, including the TORX PLUS® Drive System
- Finish: Zinc and chromate to minimize galvanic corrosion