FASTITE 2000 fasteners feature our exclusive Radius Profile Thread™ with twin-lead helix angle. This mating thread system engages diametrically opposed threads. Providing low thread-forming torque with a high resistance to failure. You’ll find that the head seats squarely compared to the off-axis tendency of sheet metal screws.
This exclusive thread-forming design is created to deliver cost-effective and optimum joint performance in sheet metal applications as thin as 0.7mm (.028 in.).
Many of the design innovations employed in FASTITE 2000 fasteners are also found in our TAPTITE 2000® high-performance thread-rolling fasteners.
- Maintains full thread major diameter close to bearing surface
- Undercut head absorbs material extruded by the screw
- Increases underhead contact area to enhance thread engagement and resist stripping
- Radius Profile Thread™ with twin-lead helix angle
- Blunt CA point allows entry into small holes
- Create self-extrusion of the sheet metal and increases resistance to stripping
- TRILOBULAR™ body provides resistance to vibration loosening
- Thread Style: Radius Profile Thread™ with twin-lead helix angle
- Head Styles: Hex flange undercut head
- Drive Systems: All styles available; TORX PLUS Drive System recommended
- Point Style: Blunt CA point
- Materials: Low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel
- Finishes: Will accept all typical fastener finishes