Engineered for maximum performance in thin metals, Crimptite® outperforms the competition. In tests performed to determine the strip and seating torque of similar fasteners, Crimptite® fasteners consistently showed higher strip-out torques and higher drive-to-strip ratios.
Even after removal and reinsertion, Crimptite® sheet metal screws maintain their strong holding power for more solid assemblies and greater integrity in the finished product.
Crimptite® fasteners can be used as repair screws where standard sheet metal screws have stripped out. They are also excellent for grounding-screw applications. The undercut head delivers the high clamp loads required to secure grounding connections, and can be used with or without wire clips.
- Undercut washer head
- Shank threaded into undercut area to allow full engagement even in thin sheet metals
- Smooth or serrated bearing surface
- Available in a variety of thread and point styles
- Sizes from M3 to M8 (#4 to 5/16")
- Virtually eliminates strip-out
- Resists vibration loosening
- Allows use of thinner sheet metals
- High torque capability
- Excellent for grounding-screw applications
- Fastener Sizes: #6 - 5/16" (M3.5 - M8); smaller sizes available upon request
- Head Styles: Hex washer or round washer
- Thread Styles: Can be used with any thread style, including Taptite® self-tapping threads
- Drive System: Can use any drive system, including TORX PLUS® Drive
- Point Styles: Can be used with any point style, including Drilltite® self-drilling points
- Material: Carbon or stainless steel
- Finish: As specified