Engineered for maximum performance in thin metals, Crimptite outperforms the competition. In tests performed to determine the strip and seating torque of similar fasteners, Crimptite fasteners consistently showed higher strip-out torques and higher drive-to-strip ratios.
Even after removal and reinsertion, Crimptite sheet metal screws maintain their strong holding power for more solid assemblies and greater integrity in the finished product.
Crimptite fasteners can be used as repair screws where standard sheet metal screws have stripped out. They are also excellent for grounding screw applications. The undercut head delivers the high clamp loads required to secure grounding connections, and can be used with or without wire clips.
- Undercut washer head
- Shank threaded into undercut area to allow full engagement even in thin sheet metals
- Smooth or serrated bearing surface
- Available in a variety of thread and point styles
- Sizes from M3 to M8 (#4 to 5/16")
- Virtually eliminates stripout
- Resists vibration loosening
- Allows use of thinner sheet metals
- High torque capability
- Excellent for grounding screw applications
- Fastener Sizes: #6 - 5/16" (M3.5 - M8); smaller sizes available upon request
- Head Styles: Hex washer or round washer
- Thread Styles: Can be used with any thread style, including Taptite® self-tapping threads
- Drive System: Can use any drive system, including TORX PLUS® Drive
- Point Styles: Can be used with any point style, including Drilltite® self-drilling points
- Material: Carbon or stainless steel
- Finish: As specified