Avdel® Interlock delivers excellent performance in applications that require structural strength and vibration resistance combined with multi-grip capability in blind side applications.
This multi-grip structural breakstem fastener provides excellent hole fill to form a fully sealed, vibration resistant joint. The Interlock rivet can close large gaps and prevent sheet movement while the high shear and tensile strength enable the use of fewer Interlock rivets per assembly.
Assembly applications include automotive, cabinets and enclosures, commercial vehicles, domestic appliances, and heating and ventilating. Interlock rivets can be used to fasten metal to metal, and metal to plastic.
- Structural breakstem rivet.
- Stem mechanically locked into body.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Multi-grip capability.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Good sheet take-up performance.
- Excellent hole fill via radially expanded body.
- Wide choice of installation tools.
- One fastener can be used to replace several standard grip fasteners.
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted or misaligned holes.
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes.
- Large gap closing capability.
- Provides very strong, vibration resistant joints.
- No damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 4.8mm, 6.4mm (3/16", ¼") and 10 mm (3/8") steel version
- Materials: Aluminum alloy, Steel, and Stainless Steel
- Headforms: Protruding and countersunk
|Interlock - Series|
|Stainless Steel||Protruding||Interlock CCPI|
|Aluminium Alloy||Protruding||Interlock BAPI|
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following pages.