A split tail formation and very large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet makes Bulbex fasteners a standout in our breakstem catalog.
Made of aluminum alloy, the Bulbex design allows for a wide variation in material thickness. One Bulbex fastener can often be used to replace several standard grip fasteners; thereby reducing fastener inventory and simplifying stock control.
The Bulbex blind breakstem fastener is ideal for use with plastic and low strength material. Assembly applications include automotive, caravans/RV, mobile homes, domestic appliances, and plastic components.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Multi-grip capability.
- Split tail formation provides a very large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- Wide choice of installation tools.
- One fastener can often be used to replace several standard grip fasteners.
- Accommodates wide variations in material thickness.
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp load on the rear sheet.
- No damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 4.0mm and 4.8mm (5/32" and 3/16")
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Headform: Dome, large flange
|Avinox XT - Series|
|Stainless Steel||Dome||Avinox XT BE61|
|Test Report Avinox XT placed in soft materials|
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis nG Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following page