The Avdel® Avinox stainless steel rivet offers a high-strength fastening solution ideal for thin sheet metals. This industrial fastener provides good corrosion resistance in applications subject to elevated temperatures.
The Avinox retained stem has a number of advantages including no damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
The stainless steel breakstem provides excellent bulbing tail formation and high shear and tensile strength.
Assembly applications include automotive, cabinets and enclosures, heating and ventilating, telecommunications, marine engineering, food processing, and medical equipment.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- High corrosion resistance.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Good hole fill.
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- Ideal for applications requiring elevated temperatures.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp load on the rear sheet.
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted, or misaligned holes.
- Can stop movement in non-standard holes.
- Provides strong, vibration resistant joints.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 3.2mm to 4.8mm (1/8" to 3/16")
- Material: Stainless steel A2 and A4/316 Grade
- Headform: Dome
|Avinox - Series|
|Stainless Steel A2||Dome||Avinox BE61|
|Stainless Steel A4||Dome||Avinox BE16|
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following page