The multi-grip Avex rivet is a flagship product in the Avdel® rivet portfolio due to its high levels of quality and reliability achieved through decades of manufacturing expertise.
The Avex aluminum rivet is a multi-grip, breakstem fastener with a retained stem. It features good hole fill and a large blind-side bearing area, making the Avex ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
This aluminum rivet has a long and reliable track record in a wide range of applications and industries. Assembly applications include automotive, commercial vehicles, domestic appliances, electronics, electrical equipment, general light industrial, and heating and ventilating.
Avex can be used to fasten metal to metal, plastic to plastic, metal to plastic, and metal rear sheet.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Multi-grip capability.
- Good hole fill.
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- Wide choice of installation tools.
- One fastener can be used to replace several standard grip fasteners.
- Accommodates wide variations in material thickness.
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp on the rear sheet.
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted or misaligned holes.
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes.
- Provides strong, vibration-resistant joints.
- No damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 3.0mm to 6.4mm (1/4")
- Materials: Aluminum alloy with steel or stainless steel stems
- Headforms: Dome, countersunk and large flange
|Avex - Series|
|Aluminum Alloy Body &
|Aluminum Alloy Body &
Stainless Steel Mandrel
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following page