Briv® speed fasteners feature a distinctive bulbed tail. The bulbed tail and foreshortening of the fastener during installation ensures a high joint clamp. The bulbed tail also works with the large headform to provide a large bearing area for soft materials.
With easy installation and lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivet techniques, this speed riveting system is extensively used for light fabrication. The Briv® is ideal for assembling many materials including metal, plastic, and aluminum alloy.
Placement occurs using a unique repetition mandrel system for high-speed assembly. The Briv® can also be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
Available in various finishes and options, the hot-tin-dipped brass option is recommended for soldering and good electrical continuity, while stainless steel is often used in applications subject to high temperatures or corrosion.
- Bulbed tail and foreshortening of the fastener during installation ensures high clamp.
- Bulbed tail and large headform provide a large bearing area for soft materials.
- Tapered tail for ease of hole entry.
- Expands radially during installation to ensure maximum hole fill.
- Lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivets.
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly.
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Popular assembly applications include automotive, electronic components, sheet metal, electrical engineering, domestic appliances, furniture, and general light fabrication.
- Sizes: 2.4mm (3/32") to 6.0mm
- Materials: Aluminum alloy, steel, stainless steel, brass, and tin plated brass*
- Headforms: Dome/mushroom, countersunk
* Avdel® recommends tin-plated Briv® fastener are installed within nine months from the date they were produced.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customized capabilities:
Speed Fastener Installation Equipment can be found at the following page
To select the suitable combination of Briv® nose equipment, mandrel, and follower spring to equip the installation tool, please refer to the Speed Fastening Systems catalog or the respective tool manuals.