The Avsert is a threaded stand-off pillar widely used for PCBs. It can also be used to attach a wide variety of other connectors and electronic components. Available in a range of metric internal threads and many stand-off heights, the Avsert will fit an array of board thicknesses.
Available in short spigot and long spigot versions, the Avsert is made of tin plated brass and is an excellent option for high speed, blind side assembly needs.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Internally threaded bore takes a threaded part e.g. D-subminiature connectors.
- Available in many stand-off heights to accommodate a wide variety of components.
- Can be used for board thicknesses of 0.8-2.0 mm (short spigot) or 0.8-2.4 mm max (long spigot).
- Suitable as a female mating bush for D-subminiature connectors.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Popular assembly applications include aluminum geartrays and extrusions, d-connectors, PCBs, and telecommunications equipment.
- Sizes: M2.5 X 0.45 and M3 X 0.5 threads
- Material: Tin plated* brass
|Avsert - Series|
|Tin plated* brass||short spigot||Avsert 1117|
|Tin plated* brass||long spigot||Avsert 1118|
* Avdel® recommends tin plated Avsert parts are installed within 24 months from the date they were produced.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Speed Fastener Installation Equipment can be found at the following page
To select the suitable combination of Avsert nose equipment, mandrel and follower spring to equip the installation tool please refer to the Speed Fastening Systems catalog or the tool manuals.