The Avdel® Stavex Steel Rivet is a multi-grip, high-strength breakstem fastener that is produced in both steel and stainless steel to meet assembly requirements. This blind rivet can replace several grip fasteners, thereby reducing fastener inventory and simplifying stock control.
With good hole fill and a large bulbing tail, this rivet is ideal for use on thin sheet materials. Stavex can be used to fasten metal to metal, plastic to plastic, metal to plastic, and metal rear sheet.
Assembly applications include automotive, commercial vehicles, domestic appliances, electronics, electrical equipment, general light industrial, and heating and ventilating.
Available in a stainless steel option for high corrosion resistance and for applications requiring elevated temperatures.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Wide choice of installation tools.
- Multi-grip capability.
- Superior hole fill.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- One fastener can be used to replace several standard grip fasteners.
- Accommodates wide variations in material thickness.
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp on the rear sheet.
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted or misaligned holes.
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes.
- Provides strong, vibration-resistant joints.
- No damage, electrical problems or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 3.2mm to 6.4mm (1/8" to ¼")
- Materials: Steel or stainless steel
- Headforms: Dome, countersunk, and large flange
|Stavex - Series|
|Stainless Steel||Dome||Stavex BS11|
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following page