Avtronic is a speed fastening assembly solution that is widely used for attaching connectors and components to PCBs, but it can also be used to attach a wide range of other connectors and electronic components.
The Avtronic rivet has annular body grooves which expand radially during insertion. This provides a vibration-resistant joint and good pull out resistance.
Various body lengths provide a wide grip range to accommodate most combinations of connector and PC board thickness. The Avtronic can be used in blind hole applications and is an ideal tack rivet.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Annular grooves on the body expand radially during installation.
- Provides a vibration resistant joint, increased pull-out resistance, and good residual clamp.
- Available options accommodate most combinations of connector and PC board thickness.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 2.5mm and 2.8mm
- Materials: Electro tin plated* brass and aluminum alloy (WEEE & RoHS compliant)
- Headforms: Dome
|Avtronic - Series|
|Aluminum alloy||Dome||Avtronic 1189
|Electro tin plated* brass||Dome||Avtronic 1188|
* Avdel recommends tin plated Avtronic fasteners are installed within nine months from the date they were produced.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Speed Fastener Installation Equipment can be found at the following page
To select the suitable combination of Avtronic nose equipment, mandrel and follower spring to equip the installation tool please refer to the Speed Fastening Systems catalog or the tool manuals.