High strength steel breakstem fasteners with excellent bulbing tail formation. Ideal for thin sheet materials. The Avdel Avibulb also has the advantage of good hole fill compensating for irregular, oversized, or misaligned holes.
Suited for a wide range of general engineering applications. Avibulb is often used in automotive, electronics, and cabinet and enclosure assembly applications.
Available as a special version Earth Tab Rivet which combines a zinc plated and clear passivated steel Avibulb with a brass earthing tab.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Good hole fill.
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- Ideal for applications requiring elevated temperatures.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp on the rear sheet.
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted, or misaligned holes.
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes.
- Provides strong, vibration resistant joints.
- No damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 3.2mm (1/8") to 6.0mm
- Material: Steel, zinc & clear passivated
- Headform: Dome
|Avibulb - Series|
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following page