The Avdel Avdelmate rivet is a two-piece wide-grip, breakstem fastener suitable for a range of applications in soft, thin sheet, and brittle materials.
This two-piece breakstem fastener consists of a rivet and tubular section. Upon insertion, the rivet stem is retained in the tubular component, avoiding loose stems.
Avdelmate fasteners provide a secure clamp without crushing the parent material and good hole fill due to the radially expanded rivet body. This makes the Avdelmate fastener ideal for stadium seating, furniture, playground equipment, street signs, and racking applications.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Rivet stem retained in tubular component to avoid loose stems.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Extra-wide grip range from 15.8 mm to 98.4 mm (5/8" to 3-7/8").
- Large bearing area against both sides of the application.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp load on the rear sheet to prevent damage.
- Clamps tightly and securely without crushing parent material.
- Excellent hole fill via radially expanded rivet body for a strong and vibration-resistant joint.
- Low profile headform on both sides of the application for a neat appearance.
- Can be used to fasten metal to metal, plastic to plastic, metal to plastic, metal rear sheet, and various composite materials.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 4.8 mm and 6.4 mm (3/16" and 1/4")
- Materials: Aluminum alloy and steel
- Headforms: Dome
|Avdelmate - Series|
|Aluminium Alloy||Dome||Avdelmate BALMS|
Details can be found in the Breakstem Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Genesis Range Installation Equipment can be found at the following page