Nutsert® is a quick, reliable, low-cost way to insert high-quality load-bearing threads into weak or thin-gauge materials. Nutsert® provides load-bearing threads in sheet materials as thin as 0.50mm (0.02"), and has one-sided, blind insert capabilities.
Available in different headforms, including large flange, low profile, and countersunk; and various platings including steel, stainless steel, and aluminum alloy; Nutsert® can be installed in pre-coated or post-painted applications without damaging the surface.
Popular in automotive, electronic, general fabrication, and appliance applications, Nutsert® can be used with hand tools, pneumatic tools, and fully automated machines to suit a wide range of assembly methods.
- Can be used in very thin sheet materials from 0.50mm (0.02").
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Provides a female thread-in application.
- Can be installed in pre-coated or post-painted applications without damaging the surface.
- Various platings available to increase the corrosion resistance.
- Low-profile version allows near-flush fit to application.
- Large-flange version provides greater load-bearing surface. Reinforces hole to prevent push out.
- Large-flange version can be used as a spacer and can be supplied with an underhead seal.
- Clamps two or more sheets of material together, within the grip range.
- Closed end prevents the ingress of dirt and fluids into thread and electrical circuits.
- Assembly applications include automotive, electrical engineering, electronic components, sheet metal, domestic appliances, and general light fabrication.
- Thread Sizes: M3-M10
- Material: Steel, stainless steel, aluminium
- Finishes steel: Zinc plated and clear trivalent passivated
- Headforms: Low profile, countersunk, and large flange
- Option: Closed end
- Hole Size: Mainly imperial, soft metric for large-flange options
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture threaded inserts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customized capabilities:
Threaded Insert Equipment can be found at the following page