A steel insert with a square body – the Squareset provides very high torque-to-turn and pull-out performance in all materials. The square section and bore improves torque-to-turn by up to 350% in sheet metal, compared to round body inserts. It also Increases punch life compared to hexagonal geometries.
The Squaresert has a large flange to increase the load bearing surface, allowing it to be used in thin sheet materials.
The Squareset can be used with hand tools, pneumatic tools, and fully automated machines to suit a wide range of assembly methods.
- Improves torque-to-turn by up to 350% in sheet metal compared to round body inserts.
- Increases punch life compared to hexagonal geometries.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Superior pull-out performance.
- Can be used for very thin sheet materials from 0.50mm (0.02").
- Provide a female thread in application.
- Can be installed in pre-coated or post painted applications without damaging the surface.
- Clamp two or more sheets.
- Various platings available to increase corrosion resistance.
- Large flange head provides a load bearing surface and reinforces the hole to prevent push-out.
- Can be used as a spacer and can be supplied with an underhead seal.
- Assembly applications where the Squareset is used include automotive body mountings, electrical enclosures, soft sheet metal, plastics & composites, domestic appliances, and general light fabrication.
- Thread Sizes: M5-M8
- Material: Steel
- Finishes: Zinc plated and clear trivalent passivated
- Headform: Large flange
- Hole Size: Metric
|Squaresert - Technical Data Sheets|
|Steel||Large Flange||Squaresert GK08|
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture threaded inserts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Threaded Insert Equipment can be found at the following page