The Hexsert provides a blind threaded insert with a hexagonal body, yielding high torque-to-turn and pull-out performance, particularly in soft metals.
The hexagonal section and bore improves torque-to-turn by up to 200% in sheet metal, compared to round body inserts. Plus, the Hexsert can be used in very thin materials (from 0.50mm [0.02"]) with quick and easy insertion.
Available in various platings and options, The Hexsert can be used with hand tools, pneumatic tools, and fully automated machines to suit a wide range of assembly methods.
- Improves torque-to-turn by up to 200% in sheet metal compared to round body inserts.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Superior pull-out performance.
- Can be used for very thin sheet materials from 0.50mm (0.02").
- Double diameter body and lead-in chamfer provide easy insertion into hole.
- Provide a female thread in application.
- Can be installed in pre-coated or post painted applications without damaging the surface.
- Clamp two or more sheets.
- Various platings available to increase corrosion resistance.
- Low profile version allows near flush fit to application.
- Large flange version provides greater load-bearing surface. Reinforces hole to prevent push out.
- Large flange version can be used as a spacer and can be supplied with an underhead seal.
- Closed end prevents the ingress of dirt and fluids into thread and electrical circuits.
- Assembly applications include automotive chassis components, electrical engineering, sheet metal, domestic appliances, switchgear cabinets, and thermal applications.
- Thread Sizes: M3-M12
- Material: Steel, stainless steel
- Finishes: Steel: Zinc plated and clear trivalent passivated
- Headforms: Low profile and large flange
- Option: Closed end
- Hole Size: Metric and imperial options
|Euro Hexsert®/Hexsert® - Technical Data Sheets|
Large Flange, Closed End
|Euro Hexsert 39101
Euro Hexsert 49141
|Stainless Steel||Low Profile||Euro Hexsert 39102
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture threaded inserts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Threaded Insert Equipment can be found at the following page
74290 tool for hexagonal hole production
The 74290 tool compliments and extends the range of Avdel® hand tools for installing threaded inserts, by offering the capability of producing hexagonal holes for threaded Hexsert® inserts into materials where access is only possible from one side. The 74290 tool allows customers to benefit from the non-rotational properties of hexagonal inserts compared with round inserts. This is achieved by drilling a round hole, then inserting the 74290 tool and forming a hex hole.