Our Round Flange Clinch Nuts are designed with a larger bearing surface to support sheet metal applications with lower tensile strength, such as aluminum. The round pilot aids in alignment and provides ease of assembly. Round flange clinch nuts can be staked for floating applications to accommodate bolt misalignment. They can also be clinched solid, providing excellent push-out and twist-out strength for rigid applications.
Where flush mounting is required, a button die in combination with a hex punch provides an embossed relief in the stamping. These nuts can be automatically fed and clinched on volume production lines or individually clinched with riveters, orbital riveters, or arbor-type presses.
Used extensively in the automotive industry, you’ll find our Round Flange Clinch Nuts in door and hood hinges, seat attachments, and hood striker attachments.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Can be staked for floating application to accommodate bolt misalignment.
- Excellent push-out and twist-out strength for rigid applications.
- Larger bearing surface supports sheet metal applications with lower tensile strength.
- Installation systems are adapted to specific production processes – from hand-operated systems to automated assembly lines.