Hex flange clinch nuts can be automatically fed and clinched on volume production lines or individually clinched with riveters, orbital riveters, or arbor-type presses. Where flush mounting is required, a button die in combination with a hex punch provides an embossed relief in the stamping.
Our hex flange clinch nuts are designed with a larger bearing surface to support sheet metal applications with lower tensile strength, such as aluminum. The hex pilot prevents rotation in a hex hole. Hex flange clinch nuts can be staked for floating applications to accommodate bolt misalignment. They can also be clinched solid, providing excellent push-out and twist-out strength for rigid applications.
Used extensively in the automotive industry, you’ll find our Hex Flange Clinch Nuts in door and hood hinges, seat attachments, and hood striker attachments.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Hex pilot prevents rotation in a hex hole.
- Excellent push-out strength for rigid applications.
- Larger bearing surface supports sheet metal applications with lower tensile strength.
- Installation systems are adapted to specific production processes – from hand-operated systems to automated assembly lines.