Our hex clinch nuts are designed with a hex pilot to prevent rotation in a hex hole. Hex clinch nuts can either be staked for floating applications to accommodate bolt misalignment, or the can be clinched solid, providing excellent push-out strength for rigid applications.
Where flush mounting is required, a button die in combination with a hex punch provides an embossed relief in the stamping. Hex clinch nuts can be automatically fed and clinched on volume production lines or individually clinched with riveters, orbital riveters, or arbor type presses.
Used extensively in the automotive industry, applications include engine brackets, battery covers, and bumper attachments.
Gripco clinch nuts are manufactured from low- or medium-carbon steel and are designed for use with sheet metal where extruding and tapping is not advisable or possible. Clinch nuts can be assembled into steel, aluminum, and various other materials. They may be used in open or blind applications.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Hex pilot prevents rotation in a hex hole.
- Excellent push-out strength for rigid applications.
- Designed for use with sheet metal where extruding and tapping is not advisable or possible.
- Installation systems are adapted to specific production processes – from hand-operated systems to automated assembly lines.