Our Countersunk Weld Nuts are manufactured from low-carbon steel and are designed to eliminate the time-consuming re-tapping of threads frequently required after welding.
The bearing surface base of the nut is countersunk to prevent fouling of the nut threads by molden metal particles discharged during welding. Gripco countersunk weld nuts can be welded to a blind surface as well as curved surfaces and over pre-punched or drilled holes.
Our Countersunk Weld Nuts can also be used as a spacer or weld pad.
- Eliminates re-tapping of threads frequently required after welding.
- Protects nut threads from molden metal particles.
- Can be used on blind and curved applications.
- Typically pre-positioned for ease in final assembly.
- Available with prevailing torque feature.
- Available in standard dimensions.
- May be manufactured in quantity to dimensions other than standard.