High-strength, vibration-resistant, and eco-friendly, the NeoBolt non-breakstem steel lockbolt fastening system is designed for use in heavy-duty structural applications. This unique two-piece fastener design features annular locking grooves and shockless installation.
Unlike traditional lockbolt fasteners, there is no pin break so there is no metal waste, reduced noise, no installation shock, no risk of pintails being dropped into the application or work area, and no corrosion at a pin break surface. With no shock loads, tool life is extended and operator fatigue is reduced.
NeoBolt creates a maintenance-free hold, with no torque or re-torque required.
Assembly applications where NeoBolt fasteners are found include railway, truck & trailer, commercial vehicles, solar & wind energy, bridge building, mining equipment, screening equipment, fencing and security screens, construction, overland infrastructure, and power and utility services.
Available in many fastener diameters and lengths, NeoBolt lockbolts can be placed with a range of installation tools featuring fastener-specific nose assemblies.
- No pin break.
- No metal waste.
- Avoids corrosion at stem break point (vs. traditional lockbolts).
- Reduced pin size and weight for lower warehousing and shipping cost.
- Fine pitch pin groove design for superior vibration resistance (vs. traditional lockbolts).
- Collar 'fit-up' feature for easy pre-assembly of the joint.
- No need to support the pin during the placing operation.
- Ideal for upside-down installation.
- Radial bar indicators for quick visual swage inspection upon placing.
- Fast, non-operator reliant installation for improved productivity.
- Maintenance free with no torque or re-torque is required.
- Sizes: 3/16" to 1" (4.8 mm to 25.4 mm)
- Material: Steel
- Standard Surface (other finishes available upon request):
- ø 3/16" - 3/8" (4.8 - 9.6 mm)
- Pin: Silver Magni 565
- Collar: Zinc plated
- ø 1/2" - 1" (12.7 - 25.4 mm):
- Pin: Black oxide (oiled)
- Collar: Zinc plated
- Pin Head Style: Round
- Collar Style: Flanged
|Stainless Steel||Brazier||Avdelok 2691|
Details can be found in the > Lockbolt Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture lockbolts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Lockbolt Installation Equipment can be found at the following page