- Contains no Hexavalent chromium
- Eliminates need for chromate primers
- Provides added lubricity for easier installation
- No additional hole preparation necessary
- Ideal for aluminum & magnesium applications
- Meets Aerospace Standards
The chart above illustrates the significant difference in installed cost when comparing Primer-Free® inserts with inserts coated with liquid chromate primer. Significant savings - in excess of 20% - can be achieved when utilizing Primer-Free® inserts. These savings are largely due to the elimination of the application of the liquid chromate primer, which is a labor-intensive process and often results in inconsistent coverage of the threads.
Primer-Free® inserts have undergone extensive salt fog testing per ASTM B-117. After exposure, the samples were sectioned to expose the threaded insert for examination. When protecting against galvanic corrosion, Primer-Free® inserts did consistently meet or exceed the performance of insert assemblies containing liquid chromate primer.