Ultra-Mold® is for applications where a molded-in design is more economical than post molding. While the trend is to install inserts into thermoplastics by post mold, some highly filled plastics (above 35% fill) will benefit from a mold-in insert design.
Ultra-Mold® is a unique two-piece concept that allows full and complete threads throughout the entire length of the insert. No added material required for imperfect threads and drill point.
Featuring a controlled minor diameter and innovative counterbore to insure accurate positioning and easy bolt entry during final assembly, this insert provides optimum strength in a space- and weight-saving design.
- Space- and weight-saving design.
- Two-piece design provides full threads through entire length of insert.
- Eliminates machine chips and oil residue that could contaminate molded product.
- Unique counterbore positions insert over molding pin and allows for easy bolt entry.
- Controlled minor diameter reduces insert movement during molding for accurate alignment.
- Insert flange provides a large bearing surface.
- Insert design ensures optimum strength performance.