SEMS fasteners feature a one-piece screw and washer assembly, which results in a quicker and easier production line over a two-piece screw and washer assembly.
Many fasteners are available as assemblies with captivated washers, collars, specialized stampings, or other components. Captured washers improve productivity; eliminate lost, dropped, or forgotten washers; and simplify purchasing and inventory control, as it combines two part numbers into one.
Engineered assemblies, which combine metal, plastic, and other components into one subassembly, are also available.
- One-piece screw and washer assembly.
- Provides a larger bearing surface area than a one-piece cold formed part.
- Provide a screw and washer assembly with dissimilar material.
- Provides a more consistent torque/tension relationship.
- Distributes the load over a large bearing surface, reducing potential joint yielding.