Articulating Arms and Torque Reaction Arms
Protect operators from fatigue and injury.
Increase productivity and accuracy.
STANLEY® Assembly Technologies articulating arms and torque reaction arms absorb and transfer the reaction force generated at the power tool or nutrunner during fastening and balance the weight without having a significant effect on movement or positioning.
- Vertical balancers
- Torque tubes
- Linear arms, Torque reaction arms
- Articulating arm systems
- Carbon fiber torque reaction arms
The articulating arms / torque reaction arm range balances loads to 277kg (610 lb.) and absorb torque reaction to 1,350 Nm (1000 ft. lb.).
Optional tool holders, end effectors, and interfaces enhance movement and orientation for specific applications.
Custom-engineered solutions can have higher capacities (to 5,000 Nm) and the capability to integrate arms and balancers with tooling such as multiple-spindle nutrunners.
Ergonomic, quality, and productivity benefits:
Arms and balancers can increase operator efficiency, reduce fatigue, and reduce the potential for injury.
- Absorbs torque reaction
- Eliminates the time for tool positioning and repositioning reaction bars for multiple fasteners
- Fixtured tool orientation reduces tool placement time
- Enables multiple fastener orientations (up, down, angled) typically not practical with a standard reaction bar
- Reduces fatigue by eliminating tool size and product weight handled by operators
Tool orientation stability can prevent cross-threads and improve fastening precision and quality:
- Dual-bridge mounting of torque tubes offers higher dimensional stability
- Dual- and triple-balance air logic can improve quality and productivity
- Upward or downward pressure bias follows the fastener during rundown
- Positive hold on the job can ensure a complete fastening cycle
- Can improve material handling processes