The wide grip range of Maxlok® fasteners enables usage in a variety of situations, reducing inventory and simplifying stock control.
The high shear strength and superior, controlled clamp means the Maxlok® lockbolt is ideal for high-strength assembly and is best used to fasten metal to metal. The wide grip range easily accommodates variations in material thickness.
This two-piece rivet installs quickly and is versatile and secure. It offers consistent, high performance in a vibration-resistant lockbolt.
Assembly applications include automotive, building, construction, bridges, cabinets, commercial vehicles, fencing, railway, and reefer cool and dry freight containers.
- Wide grip range to suit a wide variety of applications.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- High-strength, high-speed assembly.
- Excellent vibration resistance.
- Consistent, high performance.
- TIR approved – easy to inspect for tampering.
- Robust and rugged installation tools.
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control.
- Sizes: 4.8mm and 6.4mm (3/16" and ¼")
- Materials: Aluminum alloy and steel
- Headforms: Brazier, countersunk, mushroom, and truss head
- Collar: Flanged
Details can be found in the Lockbolt Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets, please download our
> Surface Finishes and Fastener Matrix for Lockbolt Systems.
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customized capabilities:
> Lockbolts - Customized Designs
Speed Fastener Installation Equipment can be found at the following page