Tucker® Self-Piercing Rivets (SPR)
Our SPR mechanical joining process is used to join two or more layers of material without the need for a predrilled hole.
This robust mechanical joining of sheet materials is achieved by inserting a rivet and cold-forming an interlock with cycle times similar to spot welding. Just clamp the sheets and press our precision self-piercing rivet through the top layers of material to upset the rivet in the bottom layer. That’s all you need to do to get a strong interlock between the layers being assembled.
Designed with a servo-electric drive to ensure the highest level of process control and repeatability, these tools can be robot-carried or pedestal-mounted. Plus, our SPR systems can be configured to control up to three tools with a single control unit.
The SPR product family is offered in a wide variety of ready-made rivet geometries, or as a custom solution if you need a special configuration developed.
- 100% servo-electric drive ensures highest level of process control and repeatability.
- Large selection of C-frame sizes and configurations to meet application requirements.
- Tools can be robot-carried or pedestal-mounted.
- Cycle times are similar to spot welding.
- SPR systems can be configured to control up to three tools with a single control unit.