Get the speed of rivet placement with the benefit of being able to remove and reuse. Using a simple hex key, the Rivscrew® threaded speed fastener allows for easy placement and servicing.
Using a Rivscrew® rivet removes the need for costly tapping or thread-forming operation while creating a higher vibration-resistant “thread lock” compared to standard screws.
Available in various lengths and configurations, the bright tin-plated steel option allows for ease of soldering and increased electrical conductivity. The Rivscrew® is compatible with assembly materials made of metal, plastic, aluminum, magnesium, nylon, and die-cast zinc.
- Expands radially during installation to form a thread in host material.
- Removable for servicing and reusable.
- Various lengths available providing high clamp loads.
- Fastens most materials up to Vickers hardness 105 Hv5.
- Can be used to fasten: metal to plastic, plastic to plastic, aluminum alloy, magnesium, nylon and die-cast zinc, and electronic components.
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high-speed assembly.
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Assembly applications include aluminum die-cast boxes, cast magnesium, semi-conductors to thin wall and extruded heatsinks, semi-conductors to PCB's, PCB's to chassis assemblies, fastening into injection-molded plastic bosses, and general engineering involving plastics, nylon, polycarbonate, and more.
- Sizes: 2.8mm to 4.8mm
- Material: Zinc-plated steel
- Headform: Dome
|Rivscrew® - Series
A small range of 01733 Rivscrew® (4.8mm diameter large-flange coarse thread) fasteners are available for a selection of plastic bumper and special applications. A variety of special 01710 Rivscrew® fasteners have also been developed for customer-specific applications. Please contact your local representative for further information.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
> Surface Finishes and Fastener Matrix for Speed Fastening Systems.
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customized capabilities:
Speed Fastener Installation Equipment can be found at the following page
To select the suitable combination of Rivscrew® nose equipment, mandrel, and follower spring to equip the installation tool please refer to the Speed Fastening Systems catalog or the tool manuals.