Designed specifically for one-sided plastic assembly, Rivscrew® PL fasteners are threaded, removable fasteners that combine the speed of rivet placement with the benefit of being able to remove and refasten. The Rivscrew® PL rivet can be detached with a standard hexagonal key up to five times, with very little reduction in performance.
One-sided installation capability eases assembly which is achieved with standard equipment, reducing production and maintenance costs. Plus, Rivscrew® PL rivets can be installed up to six times faster than screw and nut assemblies. Designed on the principle of placement by expansion, the Rivscrew® PL has high pull-out resistance and no risk of stripping and debris during placing.
For use in a wide range of thermoplastics, the Rivscrew® PL fastener features a special thread with a flexural modulus between 340,000 and 1,400,000 p.s.i. (2000 to 10000 N/mm2).
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Designed on the principle of placement by expansion.
- No torque control to be applied, so no risk of thread strip-out during installation.
- Vibration resistant.
- Accommodates variations in material thickness. No resetting for different joints.
- Wide grip range. Enables the replacement of several different screws.
- Quick installation with standard equipment. Wide choice of installation systems.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Ideal applications are automotive electronics (e.g. power steering, ABS, heating control, injection computer, plastic trim, lighting, and bumper covers), electronics (e.g. domestic appliances, power supplies, chassis, and printers), and general industrial (e.g. power tools, toys, and plastic enclosures).
- Range: Diameter 3.0 - 3.5 - 4.0 - 4.5 mm For thickness from 2.8 to 11.8 mm
- Material: Low-carbon steel to BS3111 Type O SAE 1008 DIN 1654 QSt 34-3
- Finish: Zinc-plated (Chrome VI free) and clear passivated to achieve 120 hours resistance to red corrosion (ASTM B117)
|Rivscrew® PL - Series
|Rivscrew® PL 1742
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
> Surface Finishes and Fastener Matrix for Speed Fastening Systems.
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customized capabilities:
Speed Fastener Installation Equipment can be found at the following page
To select the suitable combination of Rivscrew® PL nose equipment, mandrel, and follower spring to equip the installation tool please refer to the Speed Fastening Systems catalog or the tool manuals.