Specifically designed for use in soft materials, plastics, and composites, the Versa-Nut wide grip range threaded insert delivers an extra-large blind side bearing area when placed.
Providing up to twice the grip range of standard blind inserts, the Versa-Nut enables a designer to reduce the number of fasteners in an assembly. Plus, it can be installed quickly – in less than 3 seconds – with simple hand tools.
Other key features include higher pull out and torque-to-turn resistance, less radial loading of holes in brittle materials, less risk of cracking and de-lamination of composites, and the ability to cover large variations of thicknesses.
Assembly materials where the Versa-Nut is used include composite molded parts, magnesium, thin sheet aluminum, and plastics.
- Installed quickly by using simple handtools (less than 3 seconds).
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Extra-large blind side bearing area after placing.
- Higher pull out and torque-to-turn resistance.
- Less radial loading of holes in brittle materials.
- Less risk of cracking and de-lamination of composites.
- Up to twice the grip range of standard blind inserts.
- Enables a designer to reduce the size or number of fasteners in an assembly.
- Covers large variations of thicknesses.
- Assembly applications include automotive trim and moldings, truck and trailer sandwich sections and paneling, domestic appliances (handles, adjustable feet, and fixing points) and plastic fabrications (assembly of plastic recreation equipment).
- Sizes: M5 – M8
- Material: Low carbon steel
- Headform: Large flange
|Versa-Nut - Technical Data Sheets
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture threaded inserts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
Threaded Insert Equipment can be found at the following page