With a high shear strength due to the internally locked stem, the Avtainer® fastener creates a vibration-resistant joint which is also watertight – thanks to the unique under-head Santoprene™ seal.
This high-strength steel fastener is designed for joining composite panels to metal. Avtainer® can be used to fasten metal to metal and metal to GRP or composites. Assembly applications include commercial vehicles, container, and partitioning.
The Avtainer® prevents cracking and pull through of composite materials and is particularly successful in the assembly of GRP vehicle panels.
- Prevents cracking and pull through of composite materials.
- Ideal for the assembly of GRP vehicle panels.
- High shear strength for strong joint integrity.
- Underhead Santoprene™ seal.
- Internally locked stem provides a secure, vibration-resistant joint.
- Smaller shell size available for use against metal surfaces.
- Low-profile head and shell offer neat installed appearance.
- Optional encapsulated heads to match the surrounding panel color.
- Quick to install with Genesis® placing tools.
- Easy to inspect for tampering.
- TIR approved – easy to inspect for tampering.
- Sizes: 10.0 mm (3/8")
- Materials: Low Carbon Steel
- Headforms: Low Profile
- Option: Encapsulated heads
|Avtainer® - Series
|Low Carbon Steel
Details can be found in the Lockbolt Systems Catalog available in our Document Library.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets, please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture lockbolts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customized capabilities:
Lockbolt Installation Equipment can be found at the following page