Heli-Coil® Pipe Thread Inserts
Make your pipe connections better with Heli-Coil pipe thread inserts.
Heli-Coil® pipe thread inserts are precision-formed screw thread coils of 18-8 stainless steel wire, cold-rolled into a sharp crest diamond-shaped cross section having a tensile strength in excess of 20,000 psi and a smooth surface of 8-16 micro inches.
Before installation, the pipe thread insert is larger in diameter than the tapped hole. When installed, it assumes the configuration of the tapped hole, whether NPT, ANPT, or NPSC. The outward forces resulting from the reduction of the free diameter anchors the insert permanently in place.
Heli-Coil® pipe thread inserts offer speed and economy in repair and production salvage, providing better than original threads.
- Eliminates thread failure due to stripping, vibration, fatigue, corrosion, or seizing.
- Prevents thread wear, even after repeated disassembly and reassembly.
- Greatly increases thread strength under all operating conditions.
- Leakproof joints when used with thread sealant and recommended torque.
- Savings in material, weight, and space, as minimum size bosses and flanges are permissible.
- Allows the use of light materials instead of ferrous castings because connections will be protected by the inserts.