Dodge Self-Threading inserts are an economical, easy-to-use solution for adding a thread to a variety of plastics.
Available in standard or flanged configuration, Self-Threading inserts are brass inserts having both an external and internal thread and two slots which provide rapid cutting action. When driven into a cored or drilled hole, the insert cuts its own thread cleanly and evenly.
Friction between the insert and the plastic permanently holds it in place after installation.
Self-threading inserts can be installed into thermoset or thermoplastic materials with a tap wrench or with a drill press and tapping head. No special tooling is required.
- Insert cuts its own thread cleanly and evenly.
- Available in standard or flanged configuration.
- Flanged configuration provides larger bearing surface.
- Installs easily into thermoset or thermoplastic materials.
- No special tooling is required.