The Ultrasert® I is a fluted brass insert designed for ultrasonic or heat installation into thermoplastics.
The Ultrasert® I has a gradual external taper that allows for accurate positioning of the insert in the receiving hole, ensuring proper alignment prior to installation. The tapered design optimizes the flow of plastic at the insert point, permitting a smooth, rapid installation. Vertical flutes provide resistance to rotation and stepped inclined ribs provide tensile strength.
Ultraserts can be installed using ultrasonic equipment or thermal installation equipment. Thermal equipment can be as simple as a soldering iron held by hand or mounted in an arbor or drill press. More refined equipment is available with adjustments and settings for precise uniform installations.
- Vertical flutes and horizontal fins provide superior assembly strength
- Tapered design ensures rapid and accurate alignment prior to installation
- Flute and fin design provide a chip-free environment
- Installed ultrasonically or with heat
- Available in a wide range of options
- Vibration-proof properties
- Allows for high serviceability