An economical blind fastener designed for assembly line use in thin, soft, or brittle materials. When tightened, the body collapses to form four legs which grip the inside of the mounting surface, leaving a permanent, reusable threaded insert.
Available in steel and brass, Jack-Nut rivet nuts can be coated with RAINTITE® to seal moisture and hard plastic PVC to prevent scratching and galvanic corrosion.
Jack-Nut threaded inserts are RoHS-, ELoV-, and WEEE-compliant.
- Fastens in blind holes
- Won't distort or deform soft plastics or thin sheet metals
- Fast, inexpensive, and easy to use
- Not hole-size sensitive
- Fastens securely despite burrs or uneven substrate
- Available with "plastisol" coating for sealing purposes
- Suitable for a wide grip range
- Can be set with manual or pneumatic tools