About the Role
This role will work with internal stakeholders across China business with the goal of driving profitable growth and facilitating the success of our China business. The FP&A director will lead the China finance team to manage budget and forecast processes, business/ financial performance measurements and decision making, and providing financial intelligence to the business leaders. This role will also participate in broader finance themed projects and initiatives such as product pricing and analysis, working closely with controllership for system and process improvement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside business leaders to provide thoughts on revenue and cost drivers, synthesize data to help drive key financial decision making
- Maintain a professional view on the performance of China business and form opinion entrenched in data and analysis
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for internal stakeholders and provide analysis and interpretation of actual performance versus plan/forecast, and assess the impact on future results
- Participate in strategic and operational planning processes; Key participant in monthly close meetings, quarter QRs, and annual budgeting
- Improve revenue forecasting process from a systems perspective as well as extracting, analyzing and modeling data; increase cross-functional collaboration with other functions of sales and operations to better co-relate and align financial expectations
- Participate in quick turnaround, ad-hoc financial and operational analysis aimed at enhancing profitability and accelerating growth
- Ensure the delivery of support that is consistent with end user expectations to facilitate organizational success
- Continuously improve the Company’s financial management processes by implementing tighter controls: data integrity, process improvement, & rigorous analysis
- Weekly: Forecast P&L (Sales, AGM, OM, SGA)
- Monthly: Financial close (2 days to close, Day 3 for review, Day 4 for report out to Asia)
- Quarterly: Quarter Forecast
- Yearly: Budget and Strat Planning
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Internal Interactions with sales, operations and finance community
- Travel requirements: 25% primarily within China
About Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Since 1843, our goal has been simple: provide tools and solutions that make life easier. Whether it’s a hammer that punches above its weight while going easy on your elbows, a door that unlocks for you at a glance or a toolbox smart enough to find a missing socket anywhere in an airplane hangar, our products have a way of making a big impact on your daily life. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
About STANLEY® Engineered Fastening
STANLEY® Engineered Fastening — a division of Stanley Black and Decker — is the global leader in precision fastening and assembly solutions. Our industry-leading brands, Avdel®, Integra™, Nelson®, Optia™, POP®, STANLEY® Assembly Technologies, and Tucker®, elevate what our customers create. Backed by a team of passionate and responsive problem-solvers, we empower engineers who are changing the world..