Inserts designed to provide load bearing threads in thin sheet materials. For hard metric hole sizes.
The Avdel Eurosert threaded insert is designed to provide load bearing threads in thin sheet materials. The splined body gives the insert high torque-to-turn resistance in softer materials whilst the large flange head provides a greater load bearing surface and reinforces the hole to prevent push out.
Key features and benefits
- Can be used in very thin sheet materials from 0.25mm (0.01")
- Double diameter body and lead-in chamfer provide easy insertion into hole
- Access needed from only one side of the application, for high speed assembly
- Provide a female thread in application
- Can be installed in pre-coated or post painted applications without damaging the surface
- Clamp two or more sheets
- Various platings available to increase corrosion resistance
- Splined body improves torque-to-turn by up to 50% in soft materials compared to plain body inserts and improve electrical continuity in sheet metal fixings
- Low profile head allows near flush fit to application and clamps two or more sheets of material together, within the grip range
- Large flange head provides a load bearing surface and reinforces the hole to prevent push-out. Can be used as a spacer and can be supplied with an underhead seal.
- Can be used with hand tools, pneumatic tools and fully automated machines to suit a wide range of assembly methods
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic components
- Sheet metal
- Domestic appliances
- General light fabrication
- Thread Sizes: M3-M10
- Material: Steel, stainless steel
- Headforms: Low profile and large flange
- Body: With or without splines
- Hole Size: Metric
|Eurosert - Technical Data Sheets
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
> Surface Finishes and Fastener Matrix for Threaded Inserts.
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture threaded inserts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
> Threaded Inserts - Customised Designs
Threaded Insert Equipment can be found at the following page
> Threaded Insert Installation Equipment