Engineered for both low-pressure and high-pressure hole sealing applications.
The Avseal sealing plug has been engineered for both high and low pressure hole sealing applications making the Avseal sealing plug unique.
The rapidly installed two-piece sealing plug improves quality and safety in demanding applications while simplifying hole preparation and installation, reducing assembly costs.
Key features and benefits
- Fully annealed sleeve - high sealing performance
- Hole fill capacity - improved seal and wider hole tolerance
- Larger hole tolerance - simplified hole alignment when automated placing is required
- Seal by compression of the sleeve - improves sealing with great hole fill capability over a wider hole tolerance
- Internal lock - flat nose tip and ease of use
- Improved stem retention - increased vibration resistance
- No locking ring formed by nose tip - standard equipment reduces preventative maintenance
- Low force special version - can be used in thin wall applications
- Tapered sleeve and stem - ease of entry into application and nose tips, suited to automated systems
- Shorter placed length, blind side protrusion reduced - use in restricted space or thin wall
- Can be easily modified - can suit specific applications
- Ease of placing with standard tooling - quality of seal is not operator dependant
- 4mm - 12mm in the high pressure version: Avseal 2961 series
- 9mm - 16mm in the low pressure version, primarily for automotive applications: Avseal 2964 series
- Low pressure version offers a reduced radial expansion force
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the datasheets please download our
"Surface Finishes and Fastener Matrix for Avseal Sealing Plugs" datasheet from the Document Library
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
- Thin wall applications
- Restricted space
- Shorter hole length
- High pressure applications
- Holes with large tolerance
- Automotive low pressure applications
Full installation equipment is available for Avseal:
Avdel Powertools for Breakstem Fasteners and Lockbolts