New hydro-pneumatic handtool for lockbolts.
Featuring an innovative new hydraulic design and using the latest sealing and guiding technology, this new tool delivers unmatched fastening efficiency and dependability.
Key features and benefits
- Latest technology bearing rings, lip seals, and wipers - Proven tool robustness, minimal oil-loss and long life
- Balanced ergonomic design - Comfortable handle form and position reduces operator fatigue
- Smooth cylindrical head shape - Free of protrusion for optimised assembly access
- Static deflector - Fixed head length as no external moving parts
- Lightweight Genesis® pneumatic trigger operation - Stress-free ergonomic actuation of tool
- Forged aerospace-grade aluminium alloy head and handle - One-piece design delivers the optimum combination of low weight, strength and durability
- Maraging steel head piston & air piston rod - Improved robustness and long life
- Patent pending design - Innovative operation reduces shock loading during operation, and increases time before re-priming
- Existing nose equipment - Uses the well-proven standard 722 series components
- Weight (without nose equipment) - 4.9 kg
- Pull force (@ 5.5bar) - 28.5 kN
- Stroke - 21 mm
- Cycle time - 3 seconds
- Noise level - <75 dB(A)
- Vibration - <2.5m/s²
For detailed tool information, placing capability and nose equipments please refer to the >>> Tool Manual or contact your local Avdel representative.
Tool priming procedure:
Please refer to the tool manual for detailed instructions.
Two videos on YouTube show the various stages of the priming procedures
>>> Initial priming procedure
>>> Top-up priming procedure